At Deanwood Primary School, we are committed to ensuring all pupils, staff, parents and carers receive equal opportunities and we strive to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity. Our aim is for all those connected to the school to feel proud of their identity and are comfortable to participate in every day school life. As a school, Deanwood promotes spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through a range of curricular opportunities and additional support where appropriate, with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity.
We also specifically aim to:
- Narrow the gap between boys and girls in maths at the end of KS2
- Ensure that children with SEN make as much progress as possible
- Promote values based education across the school
Further information about our Equality Objectives, and how we plan to achieve them, can be found here below. The Trust Equality Statement can also be found at the bottom of this page.
Equality in Teaching & Learning
Our pupils are provided with the opportunity to succeed and to reach the highest level of personal achievement. We aim to do this by:
- Ensuring equality of access for all pupils, preparing them for life in a diverse society
- Promoting attitudes and values to enable pupils to challenge any prejudice or discrimination
- Providing pupils with opportunities to appreciate their own culture and celebrate diversity of other cultures
- We will seek parental support in their child's education
Equality in Admissions and Exclusions
The school's admission arrangements are fair and transparent and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, belief, religion, disability or economic background.
Equal Opportunities for Staff
Staff recruitment and promotion are assessed on both merit and ability in compliance with legal guidelines.
The school has a separate Equalities Policy which is available to view on our Policies and Documents page if further information is required.